When it comes to sending professional emails, it’s essential to have flawless spelling and grammar. Sending an email full of spelling errors can give a negative impression of you and your company. Fortunately, most modern browsers come with a spell check feature built-in natively, which can help you avoid unwonted spelling mistakes. By enabling spell check on your browser, you can not only ensure that your emails are polished and professional, but you can also enhance and optimize your Sage Network user experience. In this article, we’ll guide you through the easy steps to turn on spell check in some of the most popular browsers and help you take your communication skills to the next level.
Google Chrome Browser
Two ways to turn on or update your spell check settings in Google Chrome.
- Open the Google Chrome Browser
- Type “chrome://settings/languages” into your address bar.
- Here, you can select “Basic Spell Check” or “Enhanced spell check.”
Alternatively, you can manually activate spell check from your settings in Chrome:
- Open the Google Chrome Browser
- Select the three dots in the upper right-hand side of your browser window.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu or type: “chrome://settings/” into your address bar.
- Select “Languages” from the left-hand menu.
- Here, you can select “Basic Spell Check” or “Enhanced Spell Check.”
Safari Browser (Default Browser on Macs and Apple Devices)
- Open Safari
- Open the “Edit” menu at the top of the screen.
- Find “Spelling and Grammar” and hover your cursor over it.
- Ensure that “Check Spelling While Typing” is turned on (if on, it will have a checkmark on it).
- Click the option to turn it on or off.
Microsoft Edge Browser
- Launch the Microsoft Edge browser on your computer.
- Locate and click on the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the “Settings” option.
- On the Settings screen, scroll down to find and click on the “Languages” option.
- Under the “Check spelling” section, toggle on the “Enable spell check” option for the languages that you want Microsoft Edge to check spelling for.
- To ensure more accurate spell check results, make sure to set the Output Language Code to EN-US (for US Sage Network users).
- Once you have completed these steps, spell check will be enabled on Microsoft Edge, and you can enjoy the benefits of having your spelling and grammar checked automatically while typing on the browser.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your computer.
- Select the three lines in the upper right-hand corner of your screen and select “Settings.”
- In the Settings Screen, “General” should be the default Setting that opens on your screen. If not, select “General” from the left-hand menu on your screen.
- Scroll to locate “Language and Appearance” settings under the “General” section.
- Under “Language,” you can select the preference on region, English (US) for example, as well as select “Check your spelling as you type” to enable spell check.
By following the easy steps outlined in this guide, you can enable spell check on any browser-based application, including Sage Network applications, using the native spell check features in Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. With spell check enabled, you can ensure that your emails and other communication sent through Sage Network are polished and professional, enhancing your overall app experience.