Integrating AR with the Acumatica ERP platform is a smart decision that will increase efficiency, reduce DSOs and accelerate cash flow. The first step is to evaluate AR automation for the Acumatica ERP.
In order to evaluate AR automation for the Acumatica ERP you need to define your cloud ERP requirements. This involves documenting current business processes, and noting any gaps in functionality in your system. Challenge your team to identify the business processes that can be improved, and how you want your Acumatica ERP system to function.
There are four areas of ERP requirements to consider.
Must Have Features
Functions that are necessary for your company to operate efficiently.
Should Have Features
Functionality that would enhance the effectiveness/efficiency of the new system.
Should Have Features in Near Future
Features/functions that are not needed now, but will be needed in the near future based on forecasted growth of your company and expected changes in technology.
Nice to Have Features
Functionality that would further enhance the systems usefulness/efficiency but is not essential.
When your team has completed the list of features and functions to be included in the integration of AR automation with the Acumatica ERP, it is important to document the Must Have or essential features including:
- Workflows, metrics and customizations to be included in the ERP platform
- Required integrations from the Acumatica ERP to third-party business systems
- Systems and data handling requirements including: security requirements, network access, failover capabilities, and data base backup and restore
- Functionality gaps in the current system and processes that must be included in the new ERP platform
- Accounting functionality requirements for AR
- Industry-specific functionality requirements such as email integration and customer portal
- Reporting requirements including: KPIs, dashboards, queries, business intelligence and customized reporting
- Training requirements during integration
- Support needs after integration is completed
- Scalability and additional functionality requirements for future growth
- Mobility requirements to support personnel working remotely and on the go
Evaluating AR automation for Acumatica ERP and documenting essential requirements will help to ensure a successful integration and efficient/effective operations after completion.
AR and AP issues are easier to deal with if you have automated systems. Cloud-based AR and AP solutions with self-service portals and automated processes keep vendors and customers connected no matter where they are located.
Automation increases efficiency, reduces costs and results in increased profits, cash flow and shareholder value.
Lockstep Collect, a leader in cloud-based credit and collection platforms, can help you collect cash in 4 ways:
- Cloud-based solutions
- Automated customer communications
- Customer self-service
- Collections Activity Management
Lockstep Collect is an experienced software partner that can help you maximize your collections and cash flow in the new normal.
If you would like to learn more about how you can make collections more effective, and improve cash flow 31% or more, request a demo.