VP of Marketing
Any location inside the US
Imagine being a marketer without marketing automation. That is what accounting departments deal with every day. Today, accounting teams are the human glue between the books of customers and vendors by manually exchanging and transcribing paper, email, and PDFs between their accounting system. This manual transcription is slow and error-prone creating cash traps in receivables and cash leaks in payables. We believe there is a better way to keep books up to date and cash flowing. At Lockstep, we’re re-imagining how accounting teams work by transforming the current network of into a network of trusted connections between accounting systems. We call it connected accounting. Connected accounting makes bookkeeping more accurate and timely, improves cash flow, and frees staff to focus on more rewarding activities.
We are a strong knit marketing team with a passion for customers and excellence. Our mindset is to constantly learn and grow. We move quickly and decisively. We think big. We have fun along the way. Join us!
We are seeking a marketing leader with a track record of team success to take us to the next level of demand generation. As the VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for the scalable, predictable and repeatable process of creating sales pipeline. This includes guiding prospects all the way through the funnel, from anonymous to delighted customer. You will oversee all aspects of demand generation to achieve revenue goals that support the company’s fast-paced growth. The responsibilities of the role include funnel strategy development, program execution, team management and process optimization.
This position requires an individual who is analytically minded, data-driven in their decision-making process and well versed in marketing technologies. The candidate must have a firm grasp of digital marketing best practices – yet have an innate curiosity to continually investigate new trends and disruptive approaches that may improve the company’s acquisition portfolio. The ideal executive will be a skilled manager of people and embrace a hands-on, team approach. If you are a revenue-centric marketing leader that thrives on growth and scaling a modern B2B enterprise demand engine, this might be the perfect role for you.
- Develop and grow a customer acquisition organization made up of campaign management, digital marketing, and partner marketing
- Lead strategic development of multi-channel direct and channel acquisition campaigns including but not limited to search, display, email, social, direct mail, events, ABM and content syndication
- Develop pipeline to meet company goals
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline and bookings
- Evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns
- Work with product marketing to define go-to-market strategies, buyer personas, value proposition, messaging and content needs
- Work with product marketing and sales to ensure message optimization and cross-functional alignment
- Work with sales to define, execute, and optimize outbound prospecting campaigns
- Ensure a highly productive relationship with sales
- Understand our target customers and their purchasing process
- Establish and manage budget for campaigns
- Assess new trends and drive continual improvement of the acquisition portfolio
Experience and qualifications:
- Authority in B2B demand generation with 10+ years of experience in marketing in fast-paced technology companies
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a field, demand gen, digital or campaign marketing role in a B2B organization
- Proven track record of successfully launching and managing marketing campaigns cost effectively with clear ROI focused metrics
- Expert in B2B digital marketing, marketing automation, lead conversion, nurturing programs and marketing analytics
- Experience in all forms of digital advertising
- Prior experience in accounting technologies is a plus